Monday, July 4, 2011

Day 7: More tidbits here and there

Happy Independence day!!!!

One of the guys on the trip went patriotic to the max today and wore his american flag boxers over his jeans, lots of blue and red, and beads. Creative but I'm sure the people here thought he was weird, considering most people didn't know we were a) American and b) it's our independence day.

On a different note, I realized I forgot to post some videos from yesterday. I saw a street performance- xylophone. Cool stuff.



Also this is from the African Rhythm performance we went to see. Mayynnee, talk about a workout. Those guys were AMAZING!!!


So today:

We went to see this really cool performance with a trapeze artist from Spain. Apparently she's quite famous. The chick was PHENOMENAL. I wish I could have got some video footage but it wasn't allowed :-(




We also saw this play called History Boys, also apparently well-renowed. It was like British comedy, quite crude, with things about homosexuality, elite education (Oxford), and other things. At first I didn't like it. People laughed all around me but the jokes were...different for me. Eventually I got into it. It's not my style of comedy, but it was alright.



Cheers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment