Saturday, July 2, 2011

Day 5: Jazzy nights






Met the director and actresses of 8 minuets at the club yesterday. I really want a copy of the script and told him. he said he could get it to me....ahhh that would be a dream. Today was a jazz day like literally. First we saw Swan lake the ballet then we had 3 jazz shows - Tutu, Soweto Kinch, and Cape Guitar Summit. Tutu was so good, her voice was beautiful, only thing is I wish she had gave me more- more vocals. the ultimate best was Soweto Kinch. when I say amazing, I mean literally AMAZING. It was loud, big jazz and there was a beat boxer, it was absolutely amazing. I was so blown away I had to get his CD which I also got him to sign. funny thing is that he recognized me cause he said he'd seen ne before at Alan gray - the building he is staying at, also where I go to use the internet. yea I felt pretty cool. I also met this American guy from DC while at the jazz gig. The guy is an actor and lives in new York but came to south Africa to celebrate his birthday. He told me bout Cape Town and how different it is from Grahamstown, also how European it was. We sat next to each other during Soweto's concert so we were jamming all the way, fun stuff.

P.S. I used the bathroom in one of the building and there was condom dispenser- free. LOL. I thought that was hilarious.

Here's some video footage: Tutu and then Soweto Kinch underneath.



1 comment:

  1. I am really loving your play by play. Thanks for postign the photos and videos. SA seems awesome. Glad you are having fun sweets!

    ReplyDelete