Friday, July 1, 2011

Day 4: Shoulder's Broad, Head Up High, Walk Tall

    

        I love the decor of the fast food places around here. Had some KFC and also went to this cute lil cafe. For dinner we went to a restaurant called spurs. the decor was amazing and they also did happy birthday songs in Zulu. I have video footage :-)


There's lots of art here, I love it =D



       

8 minuets
I went out last night and got my first experience of the social scene in Grahamstown. First thing I noticed is that they looooove house music. I went to this spot called Equilibrium (EQ) which has an all black crowd, complete with sketchy and creepy guys as well. The music was really good and I had so so much fun dancing, they even played Wiz Kid (Nigerian music). The students I've becoming really cool with were making sure creepy guys couldn't dance on me, lol it was quite entertaining.

So for the shows, we saw three today: Desert crossings- a dance, Abnormal Loads- a play and 8 minuets, also a play. I absolutely loved 8 minuets, it is hands down the best performance I've seen so far (hence the title, it was one of the phrases in the play). Abnormal Loads was really good too, it's received lots of awesome reviews and the writer has received some award of some sort for it. Desert crossings was also superb. Its a modern dance piece and wow it was a full house. The groups is actually known internationally so it was really cool to get this exposure. All in all, 5 stars for the performances today.


Desert Crossing



1 comment:

  1. I would trade studying and 8am classes with you.. at this very instant! Wow those performances look really interesting. Start marking down all the great areas. Im thinking I need to visit the fam in SA too!

    ReplyDelete