Sunday, July 3, 2011

Day 6: Naija Accent on deck!




Today we finally saw traditional or rather indigenous south African performances. So cool. First one was outdoors and freeeeee which was awesome. Footage is below. The next one we saw was in doors and had 3 diff groups, also very cool. I got some awesome pics. I also went shopping at the flee market and did some major battering. I definitely put my thickest Nigerian accent on and haggled my way to some good prices. First I got a dress from this lady, I think she was either from cote d'ivoire or Senegal because she spoke French to her partner. Anyway the lady tried to cheat me by telling me it was 170R for the dress when her partner had told me it was 150R. I ended up paying 130R. I also bought this awesome bag. Absolutely love it. The seller was a Senegalese man and he thought I was Ghanaian (what else is new) anyway he wanted 150R, I payed 100R. Ah!! LOL Well we settled for 110R but then I couldn't find any change so it took me a long time searching through my bag, so the guy got tired and just said give him the 100. hahaha SCORE. I also got another bag from a lady. Price was 70R. I had a sad face on cause I only had 50R (that's what I told her) and I stayed at her stand/store for a long time looking at the bags she had. Eventually she was like she never takes that low but she will this time. So yup I only paid 50R. Mayne I wish I could batter like this in the US.

No comments:

Post a Comment