Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Day 2: 16 Hour Flights...YIKES!

This flight has taken forever and a day!!! Seriously! I'm in Port Elizabeth right now. The flight to Joburg took almost 15 hours! Ridic. And what did I do the whole time??? Watch movies and sleep. LOL. Let's see I saw Green Hornet, Spud the movie (South African Movie- HILLARIOUS), Rando and Just go with it. Spent a great deal laughing on the plane, I know people kept looking at me like okay, can you shut up now?LOL. Oh well. The flight to Port Elizabeth took an hr and a half. I wish I could have explored Joburg, but it's cool, just two weeks and I'll be there =)

So far, I've been surprised by the racial make up of South Africa. I'm not exactly sure what I was expecting to see, but apart from the white, and black, I've also seen what appears to be Latinos and South Asians. I'm pretty sure the people I saw weren't Latino, but they kinda looked like they could be. For the most part, I wasnt expecting any diversity of any kind, just white and black, and oh yea, so far I've seen mostly white, especially in this airport- Port Elizabeth. I'm guessing its a predomninately white area.

Oh yea forgot to mention while going to Joburg, a flight attendant asked if I wanted red wine, I was like come again?? LOL. So drinking age doesnt matter on the plane I suppose, or else she thought I was of age. Oh well, either way I felt fancy drinking my red wine and watching my oh so funny movie. =D



No comments:

Post a Comment